Mnyb wrote:
> You are aware of that reciever is limited to 24/48 the server is
> transcoding anything else .
>
> Touch is limited to 24/96 natively ,can be extended to 24/192 with the
> EDO app if you wish .
> Otherwise the server would transcode 24/192 files to 24/96 .
>
> If you sync both player ps transcoding will be done at 24/48 .
>
> Have you for kicks just tried LMS on a real computer vs NAS . I do think
> your new NAS is a big improvement but wonders about its transcoding
> abilities ?
> What kind of CPU x86 or some kind of arm .
>
> Have a look at your file types setup , there could be some trade offs
> done here .
>
> What kind of hirez files are you playing flac or wav or alac .that also
> a affects the transcoding .
>
> Also have a look at what the send out stream would be it should default
> at flac as it conserves bandwith , but in some cases PCM (wav) could
> conserve CPU cycles .

Yes I do know about the receiver.  And I see that both the receiver and
touch are converting it down to match the lowest common denominator of
the receiver.  Another reason to get it replaced.  And I would imagine
that the additional processing it's doing to do that conversion down
taxes the system and is leading to the lower transfer rates.  Only way
to tell for sure is the get the touch and compare.

I used to have LMS on a real computer; but it was wireless as well as I
really can't place a wired computer to the router.  I still have it
setup with the same version of LMS on it so I can try that to see if it
works better.

My hires files are FLAC; are you saying that I should really rip and
purchase in WAV?