Julf wrote:
> There is of course quite a lot of psychoacoustic research published, but
> Oliver Sacks has done a pretty good job of popularising some of the
> stuff in "Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain".

Thanks, I'll see if I can get hold of a copy of that.

Julf wrote:
> I am very glad the International Baccalaureate diploma programme
> contains a mandatory Theory of Knowledge course. Not university, but
> clearly "preparing for university", so not sure it counts.

Great, perhaps the world is a better place than I thought. All I'd wish
for is something that most people would find in their mandatory
education, preferably in the earlier years. It doesn't have to be much.
I had to get a little insight at the uni, but it'd would be very
interesting to expand upon.

Where I live there's nowadays a university programme called Fashion
Studies. You can actually get a PhD in that. I'm not quite sure what to
think of it, I don't really know what is being taught. But I remember it
was quite controversial when it started a few years ago.

@garym
Voting? Don't get me started...

@Mnyb
I have a surprisingly big amount of (former) collegues, who believe in
crystal healing, astrology and such, and we all work in applied
matematical statistics. Go figure.

Best Regards,
Gandhi

not often enough well recorded and mastered cds *|* dbpoweramp with
accuraterip *|* flac *|* fanless asrock z77e-itx intel i5-3570t *|*
ubuntu 12.04.1 lts 32-bit *|* lms 7.8.0 *|* brutefirdrc 3.0 *|*
transporter (balanced out) *|* thule ia252b *|* audio physic scorpio *|*
no fancy cables. *+* also some booms. *+* harmony 525s for them all,
including waking the server from s3.