get.amped wrote:
> Interesting. I have to confess that I don't really understand all the
> measurements. Somewhat shameful since my father was an acoustical
> engineer (specialized in noise control/silencing for inlet/outlet
> systems). I have yet to read through all your blog postings although I
> enjoyed the ones on the HTPC and whether 16/44 audio is good enough. Any
> suggestions on where to find a layman's guide to the tests/measurements
> you're doing?

Hi Mr. Amped.

Don't know if there is a layman's article on line for all this stuff...
I'm sure searches will get you many articles of stuff like "dynamic
range", "THD", "IMD", "noise floor"; or even the more esoteric stuff
like the upsampling filter types. On a number of the posts I've tried to
include links to articles which should help.

One book I enjoyed was Ethan Winer's "The Audio Expert" which I think is
a good reference and will dispel many audiophile myths. Here's a link to
his page:
http://ethanwiner.com/book.htm

Good basic information which goes into more detail than most people
would likely care to know.

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.