jimmypowder wrote:
> Based on your responses to the Marantz and Auralic streamers , I doubt
> your judgment is worth a plug nickel .   Remote control would be the
> last item on the list  that I would consider pivotal in buying an
> audiophile music streamer .  I can move my fat ass up off the couch and
> change a few things anyway

I'm not referring to remote control, which I'm quite sure any and all
music streamers can do very well. I'm referring to the software/system
that organizes one's music library - you know all those digital audio
files that need to be streamed to the player. In the case of all
Squeezebox devices this function is handled by Logitech Media Server
(LMS) but in the case of these DNLA/UPnP devices it is handled by a
program such as Window Media Player or iTunes, both of which are, how
shall I say this, somewhat lacking. Remember apps like iPeng and Orange
Squeeze are simply interfaces that control and use LMS - they do not
replace LMS.

Besides it makes no difference what you or I believe since it the
marketplace which will decide and so far based on the failure rate of
the music streamer in the marketplace, i.e. they are not selling, I
would say that most people agree with me without even knowing.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos