Hi Ralph,
1. The cumulative effect of all the steps I described is significant,
and I would be surprised if I couldn't hear it blind (even though I've
to proved myself to have been fooled on past occasions, so I am wary). I
have been distinctly unsatisfied with the sound on two occasions since
then, and both occasions later discovered I'd left my phone charging
(unfiltered) in another room. I've talked to the wife about a blind test
but no dice so far ...!

2. The items using SMPSs (everything in my study, and the Touch in the
music room) are plugged into the filtered Tacima block, and this itself
is plugged into the Marmitek filter which is plugged into a wall socket.
This is the opposite arrangement to usual. Usually the stereo components
are plugged into filters to protect them from switching noise on the
mains ring, but in my case I'm protecting the mains ring from the
sources of switching noise. It's an upstairs ring and nothing else is
plugged into it.

Check it, add to it! http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/richpub/listmania/byauthor/A3H57URKQB8AQO/ref=cm_pdp_content_listmania/203-7606506-5721503.

SB Touch