netchord wrote:
> something you cannot possibly say w/ any certainty since you have not
> heard my system either before or after the config change, and with my
> ears, and my own mental "processing."
>
> all you can say is that some theoretical system, with a theoretical
> listener, might sound the same.

You are stating that in the digital domain a change unrelated to the
audio data has effected the sound.  This implies a digital signal has
been changed because of one setting you have changed (unrelated to the
audio data).  If this were true then computers would not be possible at
all.  This I can say with certainty.

I've head that if you leave Excel open on your server the sound is much
more harsh and 'calculated'.  However if you leave Adobe paint shop open
it results in a more airy, clear and creative feel to the music.

Louis
'Last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/lrossouw)