bzlrbi wrote:
> I have no problem telling the difference between a 16/44.1 and a 24/96
> recording on my home system.
There you go.  I now completely understand your concern about
"down-rezzing" those pristine high-bit files for your lowly Transporter
but the good news is that there's no need: you can buy original 24/96
files now and simply re-purchase the same music in the highest then
available format when you have a real DAC.  Since you're one of the
lucky people who can hear the difference, of course you would appreciate
the 24/192 although you might wait for 24/384 because it will be -twice-
as good.  I've read that DSD512 support -- -almost 35,000 times the CD
data rate- -- is right around the corner!  Imagine the veils that will
be lifted!  Just thinking about it gives me goosebumps!