pippin wrote:
> Yes, but I'm not an audiophile, I just want to listen to good music.
> I hope I'm going to be happy with my Transporter for many years to come
> but should it ever die, I'll need something with balanced outputs again
> and hey, you know, it should be as good as the Transporter, too.

It's good to know that you don't drink or haven't drunk the audiophile
kool-aid but this the "Audiophiles" section of the forum and what I
wrote still applies, even if most of the Squeezebox community (as
represented by the members here) does not adhere to most audiophile
dogma.

By the way your entire post quoted above pretty much sums things for me
as well. At the moment the hardest thing about trying to good sounding
audio system is to try and figure out which parts of the audiophile
dogma to believe and which parts to ignore. Some of the basic audiophile
guidelines, such as system and speaker set up, can be very helpful. Then
again some of those guidelines, such as $1,000 power (mains) cords, can
be pretty outrageous and hard to swallow, not to mention, afford.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos