garym wrote:
> I may not be following you here, but if you mean I could connect any
> other audio device to the transporter's inputs and then stream that to
> OTHER SB players, etc., this is NOT a function of the Transporter. I do
> have a Transporter.  (note that the Transporter can work as a DAC for
> other digitial inputs, but that's a different thing.)  The SONOS has an
> option like this (input to one SONOS can then be synched to other sonos
> players). Or at least that's what I read.

As Gary correctly stated the Transporter has digital inputs so that it
can function as a stand alone DAC (digital to analog conveerter) but the
Transporter is NOT an analog to digital converter in any way, shape or
form. The Transporter can be synched via LMS (Logitech Media Server) to
other Squeezebox devices to work as part of a multi-room system. Hope
this helps to clear things up.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos