Archimago wrote:
> OMG!
>
> Amazing. Was this written by Dr. Charles Zeilig and Jay Clawson of
> "Computer Music Audio Quality" series fame from back in late 2011-early
> 2012?
>
> The scoring system reminds me of what they did in those articles.

Correct - this nonsense was written by these two quacks.

Archimago wrote:
> I think it's fascinating that they're trying to get numbers and
> 'technical' stuff into their pages. Perhaps they are seeing that the
> readership is demanding more of that especially as audio becomes more
> computing based...
>
> Even though it's misinformation at this time, it actually in time could
> be an opportunity for acceptance of a more scientific approach.
> Potentially easier to counter this kind of nonsense than arguing with
> someone who feels audio is all about subjective voodoo and almost
> 'spiritual' beliefs, rejecting anything to do with quantification or the
> mere idea that sound quality can be measured.

We only hope that the inclusion of "numbers and 'technical' stuff" in
the high end audio rags will lead to a "more scientific approach" but I
strongly believe that it is a false hope. Stereophile has included
measurements with many their equipment reviews for quite some time and
whenever the measurements run counter to the subjective reviewers
conclusions the measurements are ALWAYS disregarded and often deemed
faulty in some way. It is never, ever even considered to the opposite,
i.e. that the subjective findings are somehow flawed. As for TAS, as
stated above, after the original "Computer Music Audio Quality" series
was basically laughed at at anyone with even a modest understanding of
digital audio, what do they do? Why they bring back the same two masters
of misinformation for another assault on all things scientific and
reasonable. In other words, all TAS is doing is trying (and completely
failing) to use make believe numbers to lend weight their nonsense.
Reminds me of Stereophile's attempt to use a codified language of
"accepted" audiophile terms to give an air of seriousness to what is
basically a boatload of nonsense.

If only the old adage of "live by the sword, die by the sword" held true
in these cases, but unfortunately that is not the case since the adage
"figures don't lie, but liars do figure" is what we actually get.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos