darrenyeats wrote:
> Ralph,
> I was suggesting a mix rather than lurching from one extreme to the
> other!

Well my perspective is that in some areas you can't do compromises
sometimes the " subjectivist " ( bad word IMO we ar all subjective when
we enjoy our music ) are simply wrong .

It s more like a political solution , how do you compromise with a
person that believes that the earth is flat ? Agree on a slightly curved
disc as a compromise solution ? Some believes presented as audio truths
are actually on par with this .

I also put it in broader perspective with alternative medicine and other
pseudoscience , it's a part of a serious problem .

This forum actually had a quite mixed bag of different people some years
ago actually the "balance" you strive after. But then something happened
and the forum basically got "invaded" by some very confused people
claiming just about anything like that LMS on different OS sound
different ? Weird software mods etc the list of crazy stuff grew
exponentially .

This actually drew away many good forum members that have contributed
massively in the past I still miss them they wrote 10 times better posts
than me . The forum was practically flooded with disinformation and bunk

So now I choose to voice my own scepticism , so if someone says that his
new Ethernet cables sound less digital with blacker background and less
edge I would say "really" and ask for some rational explanation .

The reason why a science based and slightly questioning aproach get
intrerpreted as "extreme" is the actuall state of high end audio it has
driven itself into a corner where anything goes , I've yet to see
unicorns but it won't be long....

If you got to your MD and he gave you a rattle and some Peebles against
your illness you would be rightfully upsett !
I just suggest that you get equally upsett when someone preach the
blessings of cable lifters quantum purifiers and magic dots or whatnot
:)

I can actually agree to that I get somewhat suckered in to participate
in all thoses posts and they get a bit repetitive sometimes .

I rarely starts a post , can't do them as good as for example Archimago
who often has some really enlightening stuff to share on his blog .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)