pablolie wrote:
> isnt that why many DACs allow you to invert polarity, because the source
> material may be indistinct about it, and they let you find out if it
> makes a difference? I have never heard one, btw.

In the really old days you get that button on some analog preamps for
the same reasons :) The audibility of it has been debated so some
decades it has been a a quite common option when they thought it did
something . The current consensus seem to be that it does not matter in
most cases I'm not up to speed with the research here is there some
known fringe case when it does matter ?

Btw my post about phasing power cords lack some info . It s does not
alter the phase of the output signal at all , it concerns possible
magnetic or electric noise influence. Quite obvius if our an engineer (
but not all of us are ) .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4