It is a gamble!
Many new masters even sold as so called "Studio Masters" sound worse as
their early cd version. Unfortunately you can't believe to much in some
listeners posting on forums talking about the quality they get horny by
some pointless DR numbers (to some degree) and bitrate. Worst is this
DSD crap imho, no one really needs this. CA comes me to mind here.
I am a bit cured from getting High Bitrate stuff. My last purchases were
only disappointments.
For example i got myself "Amigos" from Santana as 2014 Studio Master at
qobuz and this one sounds like a copy of a copy but with full frequency
spectrum, lol. My old cd sounds much better.
So until you don't read several good things about a new master written
in a way that make a comparison to the old version possible just stay
with the old cd.

Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA
monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers