Archimago wrote:
> Yup. As of this AM "Your comment is awaiting moderation." Whether they
> allow the response to see the light of day I think will be interesting
> and speak volumes about the writer and web site. I do believe my
> response was reasonably "moderate" and respectful, but clear about the
> lack of evidence for his "thesis" as it may apply to cables.
>
> The Computer Audiophile site looks more and more biased as time goes on.
> Reviews there look essentially like cut and paste ads these days...
> Also, look at the "design" for those CAPS servers. Why so "overbuilt"
> and so pretentious as if there's something special in that design
> essentially for a simple audio server!? Even more funny reading the
>
> For example, that "Pipeline" design uses the Supermicro X10SLH-F
> motherboard without even HDMI or DisplayPort video output (just VGA in
> 2014!). Seriously, this fanless design would make an awesome HTPC if one
> day one were to repurpose it. Yet he'd forego good video output for ECC
> RAM and Xeon CPU support? Again, for an *audio server*?! Baffling...

As I remember it the history of the Computer Audiophile site goes
something like this:

At first the computer audiophile started out as very good site with
useful information on how to get started in the world of computer based
digital audio presented by someone who was, at the time, a "regular" guy
looking to help follow audiophiles. As time went on and the site got
more and more popular the "regular" guy running the site (who's name
escapes me) started to go from industry "outsider" to an industry
"insider". And to be an industry insider in the high end audio industry
basically means you be willing to spout all the audiophile voodoo,
nonsense and outright falsehoods with a great deal of conviction, which
the Computer Audiophile has done with true flying colors. Plus there are
some very real benefits to being an industry insider, such as "loaner"
equipment to review from some of the heavy weights of high end audio,
deep discounts on audio equipment, equipment set up by company owners
and insider status at high end audio events and shows.

At this point I don't believe that The Computer Audiophile is the least
bit willing to go back to being an "outsider", which would happen almost
instantly should The Computer Audiophile ever dare to publish something
free from all the audiophile voodoo, nonsense and outright falsehoods
that comprises 99% of the material being published by high end audio
"insiders".

In other words, Archimago, if you keep on publishing the truth in your
blogs you can be assured of remaining an outsider in the world of high
end audio.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos