Julf wrote:
> Hypex DLCP and Cambridge DacMagic over optical, Audioengine D1 and MF
> V-DAC over USB. I hope this is not leading down "ah, but your system is
> not resolving enough" alley... :)

I'm sure it is resolving enough but your ears are no golden. ;)

J/K

RPIs to USB only or do you have some extra board in them?

As for RPI to USB, my experience is that it is very DAC dependant, some
works fine without any RPI tweaking , some work fine with minor tweaks,
some need major tweaks and then some cobinations of RPI and DACs just
sound like static hell. Then again some people prefer LPs over digital.
:D

With SBT (and an sMS-100, both ARM based) it just works with any USB DAC
I have tried without any tweaking and I have the same experience with
Squeezelite on Intel with  OS X and variations of Linux.