chrissy wrote:
> Well, I'm not "big", just rather tall and slim, but I doubt if size
> matters in technical facts. It should not matter, which code transforms
> flac to pcm,as long as it is correct. Nor should the protocol affect the
> resulting pcm stream. I don't hear any difference on my cubietruck if I
> output streams up to 24/96 to toslink/spdif or usb/asio. Coax spdif
> supports only streams up to 24/192 but no dsd neither does
> toslink/spdif. Conversion from dsd to pcm is doubtful, see these
> articles :
>
> http://www.audiostream.com/content/qa-thorsten-loesch-amrifi
> http://www.audiostream.com/content/qa-thorsten-loesch-amrifi-audiostream-addendum-pcm-vs-dsd
>
> I guess ( since I don't know which dac you are using) what you hear is a
> different implementation of spdif and USB in your dac  or you simply
> have used a different dac for usb and spdif.
>
> The transporter is quite an old piece of hardware, it should rest in
> piece :-)
>
> Greets
> Christian

Jeez...
I say "big" as in I'm a fan of computer audio as opposed to physical
media like CD or minidisk.
(Though Vinyl is better...infinite samplerate :))

Whats my Dac got to do with anything?
It can process 32/384 digital files, but my question was about setting
LMS up to best process my SACD/DSD files.
Best way forward for me (after listening) was to convert to FLAC and be
done with it.

My belief is that theres more to digital than 1's and 0's.
Assume you know about digital being analogue waveforms representing
voltage...right?
(See...I can do sarcasm too :))

You know Vinyl playback began in 1890's?
Still the best sounding format imo!
Newer isn't alwasys better!

Chill, its all good.