Mnyb wrote:
> If we are to trust absolute sound all hope is gone Archimago copied the
> test files to his ftp server from which I then copied them again to my
> desktop and then copied them again to my server .
>
> Yep don't ever forgive these lunatics at Absolute sound for producing
> that article on digital audio , if you forget they claimed that copies
> sound different :confused: among literally pages of complete nonsense .
>
> So henceforth you rip the music to a special drive where they sit and
> you move that drive to your new computer until it breaks then you rip
> again , in their world there can be no backup . :D
>
> Maybe to some of these Sony Hifi SD cards ..........

The article in The Absolute Sound was pure nonsense simply because no
where in the article did it mention quantum mechanics, not even once.
Had the authors had even the slightest knowledge and understanding of
quantum mechanics then they could have quite easily shown their
assertions to be true and not had to face the mountains of scorn and
ridicule thrush upon them.

By the way, I am of course referring to this simple equation, which
clearly shows that digital copies are not and, more importantly, can not
be identical:
17452

|Filename: d9d962a00760d92a4c3d92eb4f0478e5.png                     |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17452|

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos