ralphpnj wrote:
> The second sentence is exactly the response that HDTracks always gives
> whenever there is any question about the "quality" of their overpriced
> garbage: We just sell whatever garbage the labels give us (and keep the
> money!)
I've written to HD-Tracks about the compressed files they sell as "more
dynamic" and have so far got no answer. I mean, what's the point of
24/192-files if the dynamics are 5 dB lower than the original CD? Now,
dynamics isn't everything, the 24/192-files can be good in other
respects but it is dishonest to marketing the 24/192-files as
"dynmamically better" when they in fact often are worse. A nice tool to
look at the files is btw the MasVis (http://www.lts.a.se/lts/manual)
which is free to download (http://www.lts.a.se/lts/masvis). The sad
thing is that the program just can handle 16/44 wav so the files you
like to analyze has to be converted.

/ B