I wasn't specifically referring to you, ralphjn but you seem to take on
the attributes & answered

I'm not even going to link to the many, many reports of an audible noise
on the output of a non-asynchronous USB DAC - noticeable when mouse
movements, HDD access, keyboard activity, etc. If you want to deny this
reality then it will not surprise me. These specific problems were
solved & disappeared with the introduction of good asynchronous USB
communications. And no asynch USB is not a panacea for everything as you
seem to want to portray with the intent of saying that now there is
another USB solved by the Regen. The Regen deals with a very specific &
different problem.

If any of you care to look (but beware, it takes a bit of understanding)
there is an empirical analysis of this issue by Jim LeSurf (a lecturer
in Physics & electronics) of the beloved Benchmark DACMagic Vs a
DACMagic with a Halide Bridge in front of it. See if you agree with his
conclusions & if not, why not.
http://www.audiomisc.co.uk/Linux/Sound3/TimeForChange.html