Mnyb wrote:
> Ok now I've re-read interesting so the noise actually only appear with
> the combination of HT computer - Teac DAC - Emotiva preamp in HT bypass.

Yes

> So this noise is not even there with the same DAC in normal use ? Or
> connected in some other way .

Yes and yes.

> I've was not sure that I understood this right . " things happens " yes
> indeed.

Yes

> Wonder if one could cut of vcc and ground in the USB cable , but Google
> tells me that that would not work reliable some receiver chips and
> designs actually use the USB bus power for the receiving chip . Wonder
> if he uses grounded outlets for power ? , lifting ground somewhere is an
> old trick .

In this case you also have to do something about the signal wires, and
provide a power supply with a separate ground.

The Corning optical cable addressed the signal wires, but seems to have
blown it with the power wires.

My idea was to go down a separate somewhat older but still widely used
path: Transformers.

USB Baluns for CAT 5 go down that road. Just have to get one with enough
bandwidth, and a separate power supply for the far end.