Julf wrote:
> Why do I feel we are about to go down a long, dark alley about what
> constitutes a "proper" blind test?

Because of our correspondent's lengthy track record for utter denial and
hypocrisy when it comes to his preferred but violently anti-scientific
(on many grounds) format for listening evaluations.

In fact there is no ideal listening test but some of them are far, far
more reliable and accurate than others.

Unfortunately the bad ones are just plain invalid no matter how widely
used. And the bad ones are what this guy says he  prefers and has
defended to the death, apparently because they help him sell his
product.