Julf wrote:
> Interesting statement considering the fact that Cliveb started with "Let
> me pass on a personal anecdote". Has anyone made any claims based on
> that anecdote? It is understood by all who have no crusade that people who
> post are
talking about their personal experience & posting this for others to
read. This BS about "claims" etc is the mantra from the agenda-driven
crusaders who stalk forums & interrupt this exchange of personal
experiences with their mantra. As squeezemenicely summed up of Arny
"Reading your posts on this forum, you are on a little crusade.".

Squeezemenicely, got grilled by Arny for his post & yet cliveb's post
sails on by without comment on the "moral to be learned" from his post -
a far greater attempt at making a claim & generalising his personal
experience into a claim that applies universally.

I simply corrected the "moral to be learned" part of his post & balanced
the scales of fairness in what posts are allowed through the what is
quiet categorically stated that his own report was his own impressions &
furthermore he gave some details about it.

> Ah, OK, yes, that is a claim - so clearly you consider his blind test
> invalid. Do you consider it more or less invalid than the typical
> sighted test, and what, in your view, would constitute a valid blind
> test?
That's a really interesting debate in logic, Julf - it's a bit like
asking is one audio device more transparent than another when the
definition of transparent is that there are no degrees of it, something
is either transparent or it's not.

You may want to try to upturn logic & confuse & muddy things in that way
but I'm not interested in that debate.