ralphpnj wrote:
> We do it all for one very simple reason which is that we are attempting
> to keep budding audiophiles from falling down the same rabbit hole that
> you did. Oh and to try and save them lots, lots and lots of MONEY!
>
> Now please understand most of my posts and rants are against individual
> audiophiles but against what I will call the audiophile establishment -
> the magazines, web sites and manufacturer's marketing departments who
> throw reason and science under the bus in an effort to make money from
> fools. If you would like to write something that would change my point
> of view then please explain to me how a full time magazine editor or
> writer could possibly afford to own $1000 USB cables, $1000 power cords,
> $2000 speaker wire, $1500 interconnects (several sets at least), $15000
> DACs, $20000 pre-amps. $30000 power amps and $150000 speakers. Inquiring
> minds want to know.

Wow, you think so highly of yourself.  This is an AUDIOPHILE forum and
there any number of products which you can't afford or otherwise
wouldn't be interested in that are worthy of sincere, intellectually
honest discussion.

You do not have an inquiring mind.  Please try to accept it.  It is
shocking that you believe that only those who can afford a given product
are capable of reviewing it.  Ever read Automobile Magazine!?

Is there anyone here who would like to discuss the contents of the
Audiogon Forum link I posted?

Cary Audio 306 SACD Pro | Cary Audio SLP-05 | Cary Audio SA-200.2 |
Focal Diablo Utopia III
__Acoustic treatment: DIY Cylinder Bass traps | "Rule of Thirds" for
speaker & sweet spot position
__Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Big Silver Oval | Shunyata Venom series
power cords and power conditioning