ralphpnj wrote:

> Please explain to me how a full time magazine editor or writer could
> possibly afford to own $1000 USB cables, $1000 power cords, $2000
> speaker wire, $1500 interconnects (several sets at least), $15000 DACs,
> $20000 pre-amps. $30000 power amps and $150000 speakers. Inquiring minds
> want to know.

Someone who is committed full time to hi-end audio over the course of a
couple decades very well better have on hand a good number of proper
cables, cords, etc.  There are few reviewers who own $150,000 speakers.
Jacob Heilbrunn is an exception in that he's only part-time reviewer.
He is independently wealthy from his career.  I'd guess he's got close
to $1,000,000 into his main system.  I'm not sure what that might bother
you.  Thankfully, guys like him are passionate about this hobby and have
writing skills.  We can learn from these guys even we don't agree with
every word.

Try to enjoy this hobby and maybe stop taking so much pleasure at
popping off.

Cary Audio 306 SACD Pro | Cary Audio SLP-05 | Cary Audio SA-200.2 |
Focal Diablo Utopia III
__Acoustic treatment: DIY Cylinder Bass traps | "Rule of Thirds" for
speaker & sweet spot position
__Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Big Silver Oval | Shunyata Venom series
power cords and power conditioning