rgro wrote:
> Whoever the reasonable fellow is that stole ralphpnj's login and
> password that allows him to post here, please give it back to him ;>).

Hey I represent that remark!

The main reason that I was willing and able to make such a reasonable
post is that I felt that jh901 was attempting (quite successfully I
would say) to be reasonable and appeared to be truly puzzled at the
behavior of me and several other forum members. And I do agree with
jh901 that this forum should be a pleasant place to visit and offer the
members a place to freely exchange information and hopefully learn
something new. Hopefully this new approach will help to bring about more
understanding and less bile.

And I will repeat again that my main issues are not with my fellow
audiophiles, regardless of how much I may disagree with them, but rather
with many of so called audio "experts" or gurus who so willingly
propagate so many of the misconceptions and outright untruths that make
this hobby such a laughing stock to so many people outside this hobby. A
lot of audiophile nonsense, which at one time in the not so distant past
was on the fringes, is now part of the audiophile mainstream and I am
often embarrassed to even call myself an audiophile. Hopefully this
little sub-section of a forum dedicated to a discontinued and soon to be
forgotten line of music streaming devices can be at the forefront of a
movement to make the term "audiophile" mean something other a punch line
to a very bad joke.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos