Julf wrote:
> There are things that are quite probable, despite not being absolutely
> verified. Then there are things that are extremely unlikely, and violate
> known laws of physics. Accepting the later without any sort of actual
> evidence would be extreme blind faith. "Extraordinary claims require
> extraordinary evidence".

If I ever make a claim which defies the laws of physics, then I'd expect
to be corrected and I'd be happy to learn something.  I don't see where
speaker cable comparison falls into that category, for example.
Rational skepticism is healthy.

Julf wrote:

> I am pretty sure you often hear a difference when there is a real
> difference to hear - the problem is that you can also hear a difference
> when there is no actual, physical difference.

We each have different levels of experience.  I'm quite familiar with my
own system and how it sounds.  I wouldn't claim to be able to waltz into
an unfamiliar room with unfamiliar gear (and music) and be able to make
meaningful claims

Cary Audio 306 SACD Pro | Cary Audio SLP-05 | Cary Audio SA-200.2 |
Focal Diablo Utopia III
__Acoustic treatment: DIY Cylinder Bass traps | "Rule of Thirds" for
speaker & sweet spot position
__Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Big Silver Oval | Shunyata Venom series
power cords and power conditioning