jh901 wrote:
> Super!  And I'd guess that arnyk will have some advice too.

Indeed. If you need guidance in how to conduct a proper blind ABX test,
Arny is a really good source for information. I also suggest reading the
two applicable ITU standards,   'REC BS 1116'
(http://www.itu.int/rec/R-REC-BS.1116-3-201502-I/en) and 'REC BS 1534'
(http://www.itu.int/rec/R-REC-BS.1534-2-201406-I/en).

> Ideally, I can get a couple names of academics who understand the exact
> nature of the blind test (and perhaps EE) and who will be interested
> enough to meet with me over lunch to discuss and make plans.

Seems my contacts at CMU have moved on (to Google, among other places),
but I have asked for pointers.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953