Wombat wrote:
> Anyone that has experience and can explain what equivalent cheap cord he
> should choose against the 9 gauge oval? A 9 gauge copper but shorter to
> have roughly the same resistence or some standard 9 gauge silvered of
> the same length?

If no one here tells me what to get, then I'll figure it out and report
back in case there are any concerns.  I'll definitely be getting basic
copper, but I don't want to screw up in such a way that arnyk, etc will
point out where something was botched.

Wombat wrote:

> btw. jh you mentioned you changed sibilance with this cable. Sibilance
> is very likely to be created with flaws of the tweeter or a tube
> somewhere. I really wonder how a cable should cure this. Did i get this
> right?

Sibilant passages, in my experience, are challenging for a _system_ to
reproduce properly.  Sure, the speakers play the biggest role, but in my
experience the electronics have a meaningful impact.  It has also been
my experience that cables make a difference in that aspect, not to
mention many others.  My speakers have a pretty good reputation, which I
can't prove, but I'm confident that their performance closely represents
the discounted price (from SRP) that typical informed audiophiles pay.

Wombat wrote:

> Oh, when it is Patricia Barber nothing will help :)

My music collection breaks down as approximately 1160 pop/rock/blues,
535 jazz, and 110 classical.  Focus of the jazz/rock is around 50s-90s
and it will take a few years to fill that out.  I have only a tiny
percent of typical audiophile recordings and I rarely if ever have time
or inclination to give them a spin.  I am a music first audiophile with
an emphasis on mastering quality.

Cary Audio 306 SACD Pro | Cary Audio SLP-05 | Cary Audio SA-200.2 |
Focal Diablo Utopia III
__Acoustic treatment: DIY Cylinder Bass traps | "Rule of Thirds" for
speaker & sweet spot position
__Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Big Silver Oval | Shunyata Venom series
power cords and power conditioning