ralphpnj wrote:
> I can understand your dismissal of using DSP in an "audiophile hi-end
> stereo system" but what about using DSP and DRC (digital room
> correction) to produce a stereo system that is not only much less costly
> but also much less complicated (music server + an all-in-one stereo
> speaker system) than a more traditional hi-end stereo system and yet,
> now here is the kicker, sounds at least as good as the traditional
> stereo system. Good sound that affordable for many more people, is that
> so bad?

I don't necessarily have an argument against the notion that DSP+DRC can
deliver good sound that is affordable to nearly everyone.  I can tell
you for sure that I wouldn't anyone to believe for one second that it
takes the investment I've made in order to create a rather special
experience.  The 'music server + an all-in-one stereo speaker system'
may very well may bring the home stereo system back into the mainstream.
Wouldn't it be great if ten or twenty percent more families would spin
records together rather than watching tv on those nights when "there's
nothing good on"!?

Cary Audio 306 SACD Pro | Cary Audio SLP-05 | Cary Audio SA-200.2 |
Focal Diablo Utopia III
__Acoustic treatment: DIY Cylinder Bass traps | "Rule of Thirds" for
speaker & sweet spot position
__Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Big Silver Oval | Shunyata Venom series
power cords and power conditioning