ralphpnj wrote:

> But I'm not trying to knock you here since it is quite clear that you
> are making a very big effort to be very accommodating and understanding.
> Unfortunately I do know enough about to set up a proper DBT to be
> helpful.

Noted.  Appreciated.

Any progress made as to the exact specifics of the testing will be
posted here.  I'll be looking for rational feedback and suggestions.  If
this goes through, then I want everyone to be as confident in the
process as possible.

In related news, I will be without my Analysis Plus Big Silver Oval
cables for a few weeks.  I never did like the bananas on the speaker
end, so I'm having them terminated with spades.  My previous cables will
be used until I pick up some zip cord.  I'm not enjoying the old cables,
so I'm actually looking forward to a revelatory upgrade.

Cary Audio 306 SACD Pro | Cary Audio SLP-05 | Cary Audio SA-200.2 |
Focal Diablo Utopia III
__Acoustic treatment: DIY Cylinder Bass traps | "Rule of Thirds" for
speaker & sweet spot position
__Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Big Silver Oval | Shunyata Venom series
power cords and power conditioning