Mnyb wrote:
> Yes ideally that would be good , unless you get engaged in the
> mudwrestling after the fact :D
>
> In all other hobies ther are also overpriced gear cherished brandnames
> and very subjective opinions , but they are usually closer to reality
> and within reasoable fanboy behaviur i really like brand x or italian
> sportcars ( even if similar performance can be has from US or japan).
>
> But if I in a car forum claimed that my Corvette had 9 billion
> horsepowers , I would probably be called upon that BS .
>
> In audio forums we are suposed to accept claims that are even more
> unreasonable ?

Let's be clear here: almost 100% percent of the unscientific claims made
by audiophiles first appear in one or another of the various high end
audio publications (either print or web based), which are supposed to be
run by serious audio professionals.

What this means is that these serious audio professionals are anything
but professional. However why would anyone with a brain and a working
knowledge of logic expect anything else? These serious audio
professionals are all employed by in the publishing industry, an
industry which is wholly dependent on advertising revenue and one does
not generate advertising revenue by telling one's readers that the
products being sold by your advertisers are so much snake oil. Instead
these serious audio professionals provide legitimacy to the claims being
made by their advertisers. It is all just one big feedback loop with the
goal of removing money from the wallets of audiophiles.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos