jkeny wrote:
> Sure, that's why it's good to test the test - otherwise how do you know
> the results are of any value?

That's why replications are important. It is not any single test, but
lots of tests, as carefully done as possible, in different settings,
same settings, different types of subjects, different time frames, etc.
etc. With enough of this type work we can speak to not only the internal
validity of the tests but the external validity as well.  We are rarely
interested in the results of a single test in a single setting, even if
such test is perfect.  And of course all our testing should be theory
driven (if a difference is found, what is at work that might plausibly
cause such a difference?). Otherwise we have a kitchen sink model (throw
it all in and just test away until you find some correlation).

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
(all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng8 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify