Julf wrote:
> No, they are indeed pretty useless, just like home administered sighted
> tests.Good, so you agree with the worthlesness of these tests done at home.
You should really be shouting that from the rooftops as many here &
elsewhere on audio forums ape DBT/ABX as the gold standard for what's
audible & what isn't. They simply don't get it - perceptual testing is a
very difficult area & requires expertise & very careful
design/administration to do a proper test. As you & Garym both say -
it's useless/worthless.

> So would you have any results of carefully controlled (according to the
> ITU standards that you seem to have become fond of quoting since I
> pointed them out to you) sighted listening tests that would support any
> of the claims made in this thread that you could share with us?Did I first
> learn of ITU from you? I doubt it - more likely JJ but I
can't remember? Anyway, remind me what claims made on this thread need
support?