rgro wrote:
> I was going to ask a question which mnyb has touched on.  It sounded a
> bit to me like Toole was saying that room correction for frequencies
> below 200 hz or so would be quite effective.  Which made me wonder if
> something like the DSpeaker Anti-mode subwoofer equalizer
> (http://www.dspeaker.com/en/products/anti-mode-8033.shtml) might be a
> worthwhile investment for a home environment?

Hi Rick:

My experience with the DSPeaker AntiMode Dual Core had been very
positive in my former (largish) Maryland listening room. But I found it
absolutely essential in my current (small) California room. It took
about two years of measurements plus trial and error to fine tune
equipment and room, but it could not have been done without the
DSPeaker. Previously, I had the 8033 model, for sub only, and though it
was useful, it did not even approach the versatility of the Dual Core.

Best regards,

Guido F.

MUSIC ROOM:
Marantz TT 15S1, Virtuoso Wood Cartridge>ART ADC>Vinyl Studio
CISCO Router>DLink Bridge>Vortexbox Appliance/Squeezelite>Uptone
REGEN>Benchmark DAC2 D>Little Dot Mk 9 Preamp>DSPeaker Antimode Dual
Core DRC/EQ/Preamp+CIA PS>Music Reference RM-200 Mk II amp> Martin Logan
SL3 speakers
REL T1 Sub
BEDROOM:
Squeezebox Touch (analog out)>Little Dot Mk III amp>AKG K701 headphones
Sony D100 amp>PSB alpha B1 speakers
TREADMILL:
FiiO X3 Digital Music Player>AKG K550 headphones