Civility?  If Arny pops in with a hint of respect and civility then I'm
going to start questioning whether I've suddenly passed and just don't
know it yet.

I would be interested in tracking down some Pittsburgh area forum
members (or otherwise locals) you folks know who have interest and
experience in this hobby.  My personal experiences with electronics has
been different than the "objectivists" here and I'm inclined to believe
that some seat time with my little set-up will at least start a
conversation.  Sure, speakers and room have the huge impact, but I am
stunned that none of you have experienced large leaps in sound quality
from pre-amp or DAC upgrades, etc.

So, please message me with any ideas.

Cary Audio 306 SACD Pro | Cary Audio SLP-05 | Cary Audio SA-200.2 |
Focal Diablo Utopia III
__Acoustic treatment: DIY Cylinder Bass traps | "Rule of Thirds" for
speaker & sweet spot position
__Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Big Silver Oval | Shunyata Venom series
power cords and power conditioning