jkeny wrote:
> There are many reasons why blind tests don't work & I'm not a fan of
> home-administered blind testing - you have stated you are of the same
> opinion. By & large I think they are worthless because there are so many
> factors that negatively influence the results so that a null result is
> invariably the outcome.

They are not hard evidence in the strict scientific sense. They are
still way better than sighted evaluations that fail to control for the
most significant factor by far - human bias.

> Instead you are suggesting that, even if the participants can
> consistently & readily identify audible differences with the Regen in
> use, you will disregard this evidence if blind tests (you don;t qualify
> them in any way) show null results & measurements show no difference
> (highly likely)

No, I am not suggesting anything. I am stating the simple and undeniable
fact that I won't find unverified, uncontrolled sighted listening
impressions proof of anything else than the subjective preference oif
the individual.

> Why not put some effort into suggesting how the blind test might be made
> more likely to actual be a test of audibility & not a demonstration of
> how easy it is to confuse auditory perception?

Please tell us what is likely to affect the blind test, and well tell
you how to avoid it. So far all I have seen is a concern that a belief
that there are no differences might cause people to mentally "block"
real differences. That won't be an issue in a test where people have
already heard differences in a sighted test, and we seek to verify those
results under double-blind conditions.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953