Archimago wrote:
> Yes good point.
>
> *-SBGK: Do not disappear here like you have so many times before when
> challenged. If you are willing to accuse me of somehow poisoning the
> thoughts of other; "duping" them as you say. Then stand your ground and
> reason with me. I'm sure there are many subjectivists reading and I'm
> sure they would appreciate hearing what you have to say. You likewise
> have a blog so if it's something that needs room to explain, feel free
> to direct us to your detailed post.-*

Very nice response and one I would never have written. My preferred
method being a heavy dose of sarcasm.

That being said I do understand to some degree why so many audiophiles
have such a strong beliefs - their beliefs are reinforced by the high
end audio world - a very well coordinated system of manufacturers,
marketing and advertising departments, publications, web sites and
"experts". Add to this the fact that for the most part high end audio
products often sound much better than mass market audio products. Also
in the mix is the fact that most high end audio systems feature both the
good and bad parts of the audiophile belief system. What I mean is that
a typical audiophile system might contain a very well made DAC, a very
good pre-amp, a great power amp along with first rate pair of properly
positioned speakers all connected with audiophile cables and wires and
supplied via some fancy audiophile power conditioner, all set up with
great care. What is rarely seen is the same basic system without the
audiophile trappings. What many audiophiles fail to do is take the time
to understand what is good and what is bad, like taking away the power
conditioner and the fancy wires and cables and seeing if the system
sounds worse. But that will never happen since all the audiophile
"experts" state loud and clear that is just not permitted.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos