philippe_44 wrote:
> This is not what my I meant: I wanted to say different food made of good
> quality ingredients can taste good or bad to me, but the only way to
> know is to taste.

That is often true for food, but it is not generally true for audio
gear.

So, you are basing your argument on a false premise, which is that you
can generally hear differences between different piece of audio gear.
While that is pretty much guaranteed for food, it isn't guaranteed for
audio gear.

> So the non-linearity of a tube amp might work for me and I might like
> the aesthetic.

Any nonlinearity is irrelevant to your listening experience if you can't
hear it, which is likely.

> Nothing to do with the fidelity, as it is distortion.

Another false premise. If you can hear distortion then it has a great
deal with fidelity, since audible distortion destroys fidelity.