Wombat wrote:
> Again i can repeat often enough that all tests that try to promote low
> ringing show very, very low statistical value and even then only with
> very, very strong ringing filters. A setting with a gentle filter
> setting like these mentioned above is very, very likely all you need to
> not worry anymore about ringring or voicing every piece of music
> different because of some phase thing acting in the audible band.

So the typical oversampling DAC with a filter thats not your ca 1986
brickwall filter does it roughly rigth ?

I not versed in the exact technical details . I'm certain that there is
some kind of group of good compromises that gets its done like the SoX
settings you use . Actual chip implementations has and still probably
have their own set of problems . Hence the idea now that CPU power cost
nought to do this stuff with proper floating point math in software .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )