Archimago wrote:
> Here's an 'interesting article about the importance of how the question
> is framed'
> (http://ncse.com/blog/2013/11/just-how-many-young-earth-creationists-are-there-us-0015164).
> According to that article, the number of truly "committed" literal
> "young-earth creationists" as in the earth being <10,000 years is about
> 10%.
OK, we're going a bit off-topic here.

I wasn't sure exactly what you were saying. (I thought perhaps you meant
that only 10% of creationists believed in the young Earth, and assuming
that creationists are themselves a small minority, things aren't too
bad)

So I skim-read the linked article to discover that 10% of *ALL*
Americans believe in a young Earth!!!
Almost as worrying is that only 12% believe in non-theistic evolution.
WTF is going on in the American educational system?
Presumably these people are allowed to vote? <shudder>

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A