cliveb wrote:

> So I skim-read the linked article to discover that 10% of *ALL*
> Americans believe in a young Earth!!!

10% ain't bad given how many think that the race problem was solved by
the Civil War.

> Almost as worrying is that only 12% believe in non-theistic evolution.

Being worried about that seems to be akin to expecting that we have a
very high percentage of atheists.

> WTF is going on in the American educational system?

You haven't noticed that people tend to hear what they want to hear?

> Presumably these people are allowed to vote? <shudder>

I suspect that there are far more problematical issues than these OT
issues.