Archimago wrote:

> We just want enough of a presence that newcomers to hi-fi audio can be
> at home with folks who don't embarrass their rational sensibilities and
> allow their interest to grow.

+1000

I think that’s it , the hobby has gotten so weird that it scares away
people . Think about some very music interested person goes to a hifi
store then starts to be feed all the BS about magical  cables and then
see the price tags , they probably back out slowly and then starts
running when outside of the door .
This leaves a steadilly shrinking group of hardcore placebophiles .. But
the die away that’s usually the solution . If more rational young
individuals can be interested they slowly take over . If we are lucky
that new demographic will reach a turning point when it's more money in
cater for a more rational pow , Then advertisers magazines etc have to
cater to that to make thier money . It will still be biased by
advertising money of-course but with less fairy dust and unicorns .

I'm not overly confident in IQ test, they only measure your ability to
perform the tests if . I'm not convinced that they correlate to strongly
to actual intelligence even the idea that it can be understood as one
number is a simplification . The fact that it's very hard to isolate
cultural bias and education from "base potential" says a lot people
perform better after education than before and more than we think are
learned skills . It's almost impossible to come up with test that not
use ome some education for example they are written in a language or you
have to talk to someone in a language that itselfs shapes the questions
. Pictograms ? not really the concept of drawing and art has to be
learned .
Heck some nature people don't even understands 3D perspective on
drawings they never familiarised them self with the concept . Some
tribes has almost no maths, but we would not survive 5 minutes in the
rainforest of Borneo for example .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )