Pascal Hibon wrote:
> I second a Technics SL1200 MKx (or 1210). These turntables are fabulous
> and built like a tank. These will beat many "high-end" turntables.
> I'm using the Shure M97xE cartridge on it but I'm very curious to read
> about Archimago's experiences with the Denon DL-110 cartridge. (Thanks
> for the link to the article by the way).
>
> On a side note, I'm interested in seeing where this will go:
> https://www.change.org/p/panasonic-company-matsushita-corporate-re-introduction-of-legendary-technics-turntables
> :-)

Oh yeah, I have that Shure M97xE as well (as per the listening test).
Excellent cartridge for the price!

I signed that petition about a year ago; still haven't heard anything
from Panasonic I guess... I'm wondering in the DJ'ing community, what's
the demand for traditional turntables like over the years? I did a
friend's birthday party with the free 'Mixxx software'
(http://www.mixxx.org/) a few months ago and I think it came out
sounding pretty good even though it was the first time using the
program.

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.