ralphpnj wrote:
> Thanks Archimago!
>
> What I liked most about your write up was that you very clearly
> differentiated between the hardware and all the surrounding hype/BS. In
> essence: as a piece hardware the Pono Player delivers as promised,
> however when the hype/BS about hi-rez audio is removed the question that
> remains seems to be - "what's the point of a portable hi-rez audio
> player?"

Agree entirely.

I also enjoyed the blog on room acoustics -
http://archimago.blogspot.com.au/2015/08/measurements-room-acoustic-absorption.html.
Good references there including one in the replies about "Calibrated
Acoustic String (TM)" which I thought was a tongue in cheek comment
until I went to the referenced web site (
http://www.mcsquared.com/string.htm ) that has some good reading and
explanations.

A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.