arnyk wrote:
> What if you went to a doctor's office and your exam started with the
> slaughtering of a live chicken,  followed up by a wild dance around the
> room swinging the bleeding carcass?
>
> I'd hope that you would find that a little distrurbing and leave before
> anything else happened.
>
> If a person bases his opinions of audio gear on sighted evaluations, it
> is really about the same thing.
>
> There's a point here which is that not all opinions are respectable.

If you where an african, this is exactly the way you was expecting the
sciaman did... So it depends on time and cultures.

That was a little paradox, but what if you go to the doctor with
toothache and after some serious examination he said 'it's impossible
you have toothache, go home and stay well"?

Will your toothache go away? If a person bases his opinions of audio
gears (only) on measures it is really about the same thing.

At the end, how I have to judge and decide witch audio system has to
sound my music in my house, if not listening to it?

Are you going to choose your wife based on measurement? Are you going to
do that for cars, television sets, bike, beer, food,... How sad life
will be that way...