netchord wrote:
> you misstate what I, and likely most other subjectivists believe:  "If I
> hear it, I hear it."  i can then decide whether to spend the time/money
> to address what i've heard.  in the specific instance mentioned here,
> there's no time difference, and the money (in storage) is negligible.

Because of the inherently flawed listening tests that most subjectivists
use to make the determination "If I hear it, I hear it", it is
surprising to many, almost always a false claim.

The statement  "If I hear it, I hear it" ignores the very many kinds of
audible illusions many that are common human experiences, for example.
It is rooted in naivete and ignorance.