arnyk wrote:
> We already went through one stage of gratuitous reclocking with the
> advent of Asynch DACs, and look where that got us - a perceived need for
> another stage of reclocking!
>
> I have no doubt that given the low cost of parts to implement, and the
> almost universal gullibility of audiophiles, it will happen.

:-). Well, at least the asynchronous USB protocol resulted in measurable
differences to the point where these days there's just -nothing there to
measure- with good DACs in terms of jitter! Gratuitous... Yes. But the
"ideal" is essentially achieved which is good; and at essentially no
expense these days since it's a standard feature.

As for this Regen thing though. No measurements to show it works.
Convoluted explanations which might or might not have any validity. No
evidence that it lowers noise. No need to lower jitter any further with
good DACs.

That's selling -serpentine lipids- by definition unless the company
shows some evidence. And of course the onus is on them to provide this.

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.