ralphpnj wrote:
> Remember that it can rather easy to con someone if you know the right
> buttons push and audiophiles seem to have lots and lots of very big
> buttons.

They can't help it - we are all genetically programmed for it. It takes
serious, hard intellectual effort to overrule your primitive instincts.
Or, as someone said, "Once you know what it is you want to be true,
instinct is a very useful device
for enabling you to know that it is".

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953