Julf wrote:
> Is that user-mode CPU, or does it also include time spent in the kernel
> and device drivers?

I've already reported, but latest form my system are:

1. Squeezelite went from 4% to 1-2%. Total charge from 11% to 6% on the
client.
2.Total charge on server went form 20% to 11%, different systems uses
different process structure, so better compare only total charge and
only by a relative matter. 20 to 11 is - in that matter - similar to 10
to 5.

I Already know you are going to say this is a too naife way to take
measures, but You could measure only the encodind and decoding in flac
of an  Hirez flac file and get an Idea of what are you saving here.