Julf wrote:
> Indeed, and yes, intersample peaks are an issue with older DACs, but I
> would expect modern designs to deal with it - it is pretty easy to do,
> after all.

Yea but is it ? that would be something for audiorags to actually test ?
there are actually some old AES pappers on it on the net it was done
some decade ago . they scoped up some consumer devices to test that
showed this problem ,given that many brands uses the same chips as any
one else , we really have just a few of them so the problems was
widespread then ? So yes I think its safe to assume it's a real problem
. Given that benchmark has it as a selling point in 2015 I wonder how
often it's accounted for in the competition ?

New test for audiomagazines overload the filter :) (I saw some hydrogen
audio tread where some dude had managed to get such peaks at +11dB )

You can always turn the argument around why . It's actually the
recordings that are broken ?

But imho stuff should have healthy headroom . Just like a preamp should
not collapse at 1.0-2.0 volts (yes they exist ) some robustness against
the digital version this is proper design ,again imo

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )